Tuesday, June 22, 2010

PLN Status

I am using iGoogle for my PLN. I am currently following the children of Pt. England School and I have posted comments for them. Their teacher recently commented, "Isn't this a great comment from one of Dr Strange's students? I am thinking I will save this as an exemplar - for myself :)." I have, also, set up my iGoogle page to include live feeds of edm 310, Twitter, and Facebook. I picked the smartest students in my edm 310 class to follow their blogs and I am reaching out to my assigned teacher as I comment on his posts.

3 comments:

  1. Good start on your PLN Alana. Be sure you use the people search on Twitter. I make a lot of great contacts that way. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great comment and I not only saved it but showed it to a group of teachers I was running a professional development class for. I have been enjoying reading through your posts tonight as I sit in my hotel in Virginia USA!
    Enjoy kids and enjoy teaching
    Dorothy
    -
    Auckland NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manaiakalani and Pt. England School are a powerful combination. What a compliment you have received. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete