Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Comment for teacher 2nd summary

history book


Eric Langhorst

So, first I read the latest post from Mr. Langhorst and it was spectacular. A week goes by and it comes time for me to read and comment again. Much to my dismay he had not posted anything new. Of course I know it is completely acceptable for me to go into earlier posts in order for me to read and comment so that I may fulfill my assignments. So that is what I did. I have been periodically checking just to see if he had posted something new and I have been anxiously awaiting his upcoming blogs about his visit to Mount Vernon to the 2010 Gilder Lehrman Summer Institute, but he has not posted any. Well quite frankly, I am disappointed. I wanted to read about it, and I do not even like history. Honestly, I loathe history. Point to make: even though Eric Langhorst is a fabulous writer and photographer and his blog is informative and interesting, it is not nice to "lead" readers on to thinking you are going to "be Tweeting, writing some blog posts and sharing lots of pictures" if you are not going to be able to get around to it. The problem is, it is difficult for me to remember all the wonderful things I have read and learned from this blog, because my mind is so clouded by the distress this waiting has caused. Maybe Mr. Langhorst will read this and get in gear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alana. Be nice-- and remember it is summer time! Everyone should take some personal time every once and a while. Besides, I haven't seen you tweeting recently... "get it in gear" Mrs. Carpenter!

    Ps. I wrote a blog post called Finding Your Motivation-- it would mean a lot to me if you answered a few of the questions I posed before the Ken Robinson quote. Your observations coupled with your brutal honesty will be invaluable, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent Eric and a link to your post. He was headed out on vacation with the family today so you may have a while longer to wait ;)

    ReplyDelete