Sunday, July 11, 2010

Complete PLN

screeen shot of my netvibes page

This is my PLN. I am using netvibes. Each day it grows a little bit more. I like being able to follow certain blogs by the click of the mouse. I am able to keep up with all my social networking sites on one page. No more going from tab to tab. Plus look how beautiful it is. Every time I look at the rainbow of colors it makes me smile. That might not be important to everyone, but it is significant to me, because I am not usually smiling when I am sitting in front of the computer.
So as you can tell I have all the important feeds on my PLN tab. I am following the class blog, Martha’s blog and the kids of Port England quite closely. If either of my two teachers post something interesting I can check that out, too. I used to use igoogle, but it was very complicated to navigate. Here if I need to add a tab, I just click edit tab to add and I can add anything I want. In each tab I am given the option to add widgets, feeds, links, or bookmarks. I would explain exactly how to do it, but netvibes is truly self-explanatory. If you can read, you can do it. I did it! I have learned a lot in my EDM 310 class, but my PLN is something I will cherish. Here is a link to Alana's PLN.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, man. Could you ask Martha how to publish your PLN to the public on your blog like she did so I can be nosy and see who you find valuable. This really motivates me to switch from igoogle, even though I have learned to love it so much. I like that you can share Netvibes so easily. It kind of makes delicious obsolete.

    ReplyDelete