Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Questionairre Report





My questionnaire was about Facebook accounts. I inquired about the number of friends on facebook, uses for facebook, and even how many hours account holders spent on their account. Almost all the people who responded are PC owners, except for Anthony. In addition, all the respondents are between the ages of 19 and 45 years old. On average, the response to recommending Facebook to a friend is 3.8, on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being most likely and 1 being not likely at all. Many of the respondents only use Facebook for social networking, but some other social networks noted were blogger, twitter, skype, and myspace. I, personally, use myspace but the last time I looked my number of friends was dwindling; due to the inactivity many people are closing their myspace accounts. There was a large range of responses for the hours spent on Facebook, but most people spend 2-5 hours on Facebook, a few people spend less than 1 hour using their account, and one person spends 6-10 hours on Facebook each week. In my questionnaire I left one question open for comments about Facebook. One respondent said, “I use Facebook to stay in contact with a lot of people back home. It comes in handy!” While another was quoted as saying, “Did use Facebook a lot until they started having privacy issues.” It is clear the opinions of Facebook, also, cover a broad range, but on average many people are using it, enjoying it, and utilizing its connecting capabilities to stay in touch with friends. Most people who answered the questionnaire have more than 300 friends and almost everyone said they spend their time commenting on friends’ pages while using Facebook. Maybe they should call it “Friendbook!” I enjoyed doing this questionnaire and l feel like I learned something. How valuable the information is, I do not know, but it was interesting. I am not going to take this time to call out the thirty something classmates who did not answer my questionnaire, but you know who you are. A big thanks to Melissa, Crystal, Alissa, Barry, Maeghan, Kimberly, Sara, Tyler, and Anthony for taking the time to answer my questions.

1 comment:

  1. Alana, this is yet another example of why I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG! I don't know if you do it intentionally, but the way you write and speak makes me laugh so hard. I like Your second to last line the most because I know how worked up you were about it.

    Also, this is a perfect example of initiative. When I was showing y'all how to do this, I stopped directing after we posted the summary results picture link. You are the only blog I have seen so far with commentary about your results. Way to go! I wish we could fail you just so we can have you in the class again, but since we can't be sure to keep using the tools you have learned this semester and help us give tips and leads to next semesters students.

    Your blog is already going to be a great resource for future EDM-ers.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete