Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Comments for kids 4




James and the Giant Earth





I have been following the Pt England Scribes. It is a group of children ages 7-9 who are engaged in hands on learning with computers and technology. They are using their skills in the classroom to enhance their reading, writing, language, and literacy skills. Then they share them with the world with their class blog. They use pixelmator to create their animations and they create podcasts to describe their illustrations. The ones I have viewed seem to be mostly related to science, but I think they are learning so much more. Their teacher includes a picture of the student who creates each blog, so I can just imagine how accomplished it makes each of them feel. I added this feed to my PLN because I have a feeling this teacher is going to continue to be successful with technology in her classroom and I could learn a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment